Monday, March 29, 2010

gifts for mommy

When Sean was a toddler, one of the teenage girls at church introduced him to the idea of picking little flowers out of the yard and bringing them to me. Ever since then, anytime he's outside playing and happens upon a little flower (no matter how small), he brings it to me.

Ben picked up on the ritual once he was old enough to join Sean in his outdoor fun, and now it seems Jonathan's joining in on it. A few days ago I opened the back door to find Sean and Ben with little flowers in hand, and Jonathan following close behind with one of his own.

I'm finding all kinds of benefits to being a mom of all boys, and I have to say this is probably one of the greatest. I'm pretty sure a little girl wouldn't see flowers and think of giving them to mommy--she'd probably keep them for herself (I know I would have).

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you were expecting number #4. Congratulations! Judging by the clothes, it's another boy? What a fun, fun family!! I don't know you very well, but I think of you more than our relationship probably warrants. When I think of joy, and of being joyful, I think of you! With 3 (almost 4)I know your days must have their share of "moments", but I always picture you finding the joy in them, and keeping the big picture in sight. Laughing is not something that I do on a regular basis... I should...
    I hope you still laugh like you did in Florida :)

    Our #4 is due August 1st. We don't know yet if it's a boy or girl in there.

    love,amy

    ReplyDelete