One of the many advantages of homeschooling is being able to take field trips when WE want to take them and WHERE we want to take them. Field trip #1 this year was to the zoo, primarily to see the stingrays before they headed south for the winter.
Jonathan could have spent the entire day petting the stingrays, or would have happily climbed in with them if we had let him. Ben thought they were pretty neat, but had no qualms leaving them to get on with his day. Sean kinda-sorta touched one, but quickly decided they were best viewed from a distance. I think the idea of touching some strange-looking creature floating around in the water was a little off-putting to him. We'll see what he thinks of them next year.
I love HS field trips! Maybe we can coordinate a trip to get together and we'll call it a field trip! It would br awesome to see you guys. (Also, I left a response to your comment on my blog.)
ReplyDelete